This is your opportunity to join one of the top media brands as a Revenue Accountant. The Business is a top rated employer within the industry, attracting high quality talent and has a reputation for retaining and developing people who prove their worth.
About the Role:
You will be working within a team of 3 staff and report to the Head Revenue Accountant. You will be responsible for managing the extensive day to day state-wide revenue accounting function and ensuring that the billing system is correctly reflected in SAP. Core responsibilities in this role are to ensure the revenue recognition and reporting needs for the group.
This is a high pressure role, with very tight deadlines for month-end processing combined with a high visibility around monthly results, demanding attention to detail and an understanding of business drivers. Tasks include month end processing in accordance with revenue recognition criteria, ensuring compliance with royalty legislation; preparation of revenue reporting and analysis for site management; financial statement disclosures, and providing information as required for ad hoc reporting. Other duties will include:
- Assisting in the quarterly budgeting & forecast process, reconciling and ensuring revenue inputs are accurate for the operating sites.
- Working closely with the accounts receivable officers to ensure deliverables and management expectations relating to the revenue area are met.
- Follow formalised business rules for the recognition of revenue, liaising with the Sales & Marketing team and gaining management approval/commitment to the processes implemented.
- Assist IT to automate certain processes in SAP, reducing workload and potential user error. This will also involve the development of system validation checks to automatically flag issues and ensure incorrect data is not loaded into SAP.
- In addition to your core role, you will also be actively involved in various projects: redesigning the company chart of accounts, ensuring the consistent application of revenue accounting principles and processes, driving the roll-out of an online reconciliation tool etc.
- Proven experience with profit and loss balance sheet analysis, month end reviews and the processing of standard journals is essential
- Extensive reporting and technical skills
- Advanced analytical and communication skills
- Previous experience in staff management
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA