Experienced Accounts/Payroll Assistant
I am working with one of my key clients based in Lancashire who are looking for an experienced Payroll/Accounts Assistant to join their busy, expanding Finance Team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of this Company at such an exciting time and be involved in their journey.
They are very people orientated, great benefits and team fit is crucial to pursue a career with this Company!
Are you AAT qualified or QBE and have experience within fast paced role along with strong payroll experience, an accounts background & have the initiative to think on your feet and can achieve deadlines?
You will have a keen eye for detail, plan your own work load and flexibility is paramount.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience, you must be computer literate, confident EXCEL user, have the ability to process a large payroll from start to finish using Sage.
Process weekly/monthly payrolls from start to finish to include:
- Processing leavers and holiday pay
- Calculating the large payroll and running the payslips Checking the payslips and running the relevant reports and e-payslips
- HMRC and TAX
- Completing the payroll journal and monthly reconciliation Providing cover for other payrolls
- Preparing depots staff costs budgets each year.
- Processing holiday forms and payroll amendments
- Scanning and attaching documents into the payroll system.
- Assisting with processing pensions for the groups, maternity & sick pay, attachment of earnings and childcare vouchers.
- Answering the phone and dealing with wage queries.
Accounts experience to include:
- Entering high volume purchase and sales invoices into SAGE
- Balance Sheet reconciliations every month
- Cash flow reporting, Maintaining and managing the fixed asset register
- Assisting the Finance Director in year-end audit
- Dealing with different currency invoices and payments
- Posting journals, accruals and prepayments
- Payroll knowledge is a must, along with the ability to use Word and Excel.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure using own initiative
- Excellent communicator with a good sense of humour!
This is a great opportunity for an experience Payroll/Accounts Assistant with on-site parking and an attractive salary, annual bonus based on Company performance and KPI's with room for progression, 20 days holidays increasing after 5 years service, working hours 8am to 5pm
If you feel you fit the Bill and tick all the boxes then please apply with your current updated CV.