FinTech - Collections Strategy Manager
DESCRIPTION - FinTech - Collections Strategy Manager
Currently recruiting in London
My client is a fast-growing lender in the FinTech market. They believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such they are on a mission to help them thrive - cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching their business credit card and business loans in 2017 they have been taking off like a rocket! They are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017 and 2018) while still posting a profit to fund future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as they continue on their incredible trajectory.
Managing a revolving credit portfolio in excess of £130Million. You will own the collections strategy and initiate pilots and process changes to improve the bad debt. Reporting to the Head of Risk, you will be the subject knowledge expert on collections using analytics to drive change and improvements that lead to them achieving their Gross Margin target. As a small start-up, you will deliver your collections strategy through external partners, leading the two relationship managers in their effective relationship management of our outsourced partners.
Key Accountabilities of the FinTech - Collections Strategy Manager
- Analysing current bad debt (both analytical analysis and in-depth account level reviews to complete root cause analysis)
- Monitoring and reporting using PowerBI on the performance, both in terms of customer outcomes and collection rates
- Conduct pilots monthly to test new methods, processes and systems to maximise returns
- Constantly iterating and improving our collections strategy and processes with the IT team to design, develop and effectively deliver scalable world class collections processes
- Build on our current DCA relationships, develop and monitor the best KPI’s to ensure our partnerships are valuable and compliant and appropriately focussed
- Conduct internal compliance reviews on outsourced call centres and work with the Compliance team to ensure any breech’s are discovered and corrected in a timely manner
- Remain vigilant with FCA regulations and legislation to plan for updates to our collections strategy, policy and processes as necessary
- Support direct report(s) with day to day administration, escalations, and assisting their drive of process improvements through pilots, problem solving & acting upon ideas
Requirements for the FinTech - Collections Strategy Manager
- Must have experience delivering quantifiable improvements to collections
- You have strong analytical skills including experience optimising the effectiveness of collections strategies, to establish and maintain accurate and timely reporting to be delivered internally and externally to reflect the overall performance on a monthly basis.
- Effective communication at all levels, able to explain strategy to senior managers, facilite and lead direct reports while gaining buy-in from external partners and other departments stakeholders across the business (e.g. Operations, Customer Service and Product)
- You’re self-motivated, highly organised and focussed on impact and results over processes
- You have a deep understanding of how collections work, including regulation, useful tools and powerful strategies
- Management experience, developing staff in a target driven environment
- Start-up experience a major plus
You will be paid a competitive salary of up to £70,000 + excellent company benefits
- Fantastic office - pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop - we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
For more information please contact Amanda Brown @ CRS