Nurseplus are looking for reliable Care Assistants to provide person centred care to clients within local Residential and Nursing homes throughout Newton Abbot.
You would be playing a pivotal role in providing excellent support and care for clients including, personal care, medications, daily activities and assist residents to lead a more fulfilled life.
This position requires a natural friendliness and ability to engage with service users; therefore we are looking for healthcare assistants who can provide excellent customer service to ensure our customers are comfortable and happy.
Typical Shift times would be:
- Morning Shift 0800- 1400
- Afternoon shifts 1400-2000
- Long Day shift 0800 - 2000
Your daily tasks could include:
- Helping service users to undertake personal tasks, including washing, showering, and using the toilet.
- Serving food and helping them to eat if needed.
- Changing sheets and making beds.
- using equipment to lift and move service Users
- Talking to service Usersto ease loneliness and feelings of isolation.
- Listening to the particular needs of service Users and acting on these needs as appropriate.
- Turning service userswho are required to spend a lot of time in bed, in order to avoid bed sores.
- Improving the mobility of service users.
- Notifying healthcare professionals if temperatures, pulse rates, or respiration rates seem abnormal or worrying.
In return, we offer
- Competitive weekly pay
- Excellent training
- Additional and ongoing training specific to clients needs.
- FREE DBS * T&Cs apply
- FREE Uniform after completion of training
- Full time hours available.
- Flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
If you would like to make a difference to someone's life....get in touch now!
Equal Opportunity Employer (Agy)