Buyer role, Harrogate, £23,000-£24,000
Your new company
Hays is currently working with well respected manufacturing company based in Harrogate and looking for a buyer to join their procurement department.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the administering and accurate placement of the buying activities within the business and enforcing company buying systems and quality processes. Negotiating with suppliers on a regular basis, this role can be a great opportunity for you to develop your buying career. You will have experience of working in a Procurement role, ideally within manufacturing and material planning although this is not essential. You will also be eager to benefit from the skills, knowledge and experience of existing members of the department and the business as a whole, thereby improving their own skills and competency levels. Manage a portfolio of suppliers, building collaborative working relationships, negotiating costs and SLA's in line with business requirements, ensuring materials and parts are correctly sourced in line with required technical specifications.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be motivated, experienced & commercially aware with effective negotiation skills, with the ability to problem solve and decision make.
- You will have an understanding of contract terms, tendering and understanding currency and commodities, with the ability to be a team player, proactive, energetic with the ability to deliver 'continuous improvement' in all aspects of the role.
- High levels of accuracy and numeracy, you are proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and that you have excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Sage 200 experience would be preferable but training can be given.
- You will also need to hold clean full driving licence
What you'll get in return
In return for this role you will receive salary of up to £24,000 along with other company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.