Senior Development Technologist
We have an opportunity for a Senior Development Technologist to join our New Product Development Team based in Irthlingborough, on a full time, permanent basis.
Whitworths are the UK’s leader in dried fruits, nuts and seeds. We’re proud to be widely recognised and trusted by our working partners, international suppliers and, most importantly, by millions of customers as manufacturers of innovative, tasty, healthy products.
As a senior member of the Food Innovation team, working closely with our NPD Manager, you will be responsible for delivering exciting, insight-driven, new and existing product development for our Brand and our Own Label customers. Our aim is to delight our customers and consumers and you will play a key role in this by developing product concepts and culinary recipes for social media that create a business advantage and a competitive point of difference for Whitworths.
Why work for us?
There are many reasons to come and work with us, but the biggest reason is so that you have a job you love and a company you are proud to say you work for. You will receive a competitive salary and in addition, you’ll also have access to;
- 25 days holiday + all public holidays recognised in the UK
- A workplace pension
- Life assurance and on-site occupational health
- Plus the Company offers a number of family friendly; health and life style benefits
What you will be doing as our Senior Development Technologist?
- Effectively manage the day to day workload of the team member, helping support their development
- Work with the NPD and Marketing teams to understand consumer needs, wants and motivations, translating them into exciting, commercially viable solutions
- Manage insights-driven product development projects and ensure their execution meets the time, quality and cost requirements of brand and retailer customers either directly or through the wider team.
- Understand and demonstrate application of consumer product testing, sensory, analytical tools to ensure the NPD team delivers superior products (taste, claims etc) in line with optimum product design.
In addition, it’s about nurturing your external networks with suppliers to drive comprehensive product understanding; that development samples are available and are relevant for each project. You will ensure the feasibility of all new raw materials, products and processes, reviewing these with the wider team, before presenting to the customer.
You will need to be team player, liaising with our technical team members to ensure regulatory compliance for all product development, during the concept development; liaising with the supply chain technical team on the requirements and risk assessment of raw materials and when required, represent NPD on the HACCP team; and ensure our Specification Technologist are provided with timely and accurate technical information to enable swift generation of customer sample submission documents and new product development specifications.
Our ideal Senior Development Technologist will have the below skills and experience:
- Graduate in food technology or related discipline or relevant experience in food industry including and critically development chef background.
- 2-3 year’s previous experience in retail or brands within a fast-paced food manufacturing business with experience of dealing with major retailers.
- Experience in effectively supervising or managing a small team.
- Experience of liaising with suppliers and other strategic development partners to meet the development needs of the business.
At Whitworths we love to nurture talent and retain great people, as a result there are significant development opportunities within the marketing team for the right people so don’t worry about career progression as there is plenty of opportunity for that here at Whitworths!
If you think you have the skills and experience required to join the Whitworth’s family as our Senior Development Technologist then click ‘apply’ now! We look forward to receiving your application.