Grass Valley, A Belden Brand is seeking a full time Software Engineer to help develop video editing and video server systems. The engineer with join the STRATUS team and help develop media management solutions across Grass Valley's platforms.
Grass Valley is a manufacturer of broadcast and TV production equipment and software including media management systems, video editors, servers, encoders, storage systems, mixers, and routers. Our products and solutions are used by broadcasters and TV professionals worldwide.
This position requires a hands-on engineer with strong engineering and programming skills and ambition to take on new projects, define and own what needs to be done and see it through to conclusion.
The software engineer will have direct involvement in the main aspects of the software development lifecycle. The role involves close collaboration with the other groups in the company in order to deliver high quality solutions to our customers. Candidates with the appropriate set of skills and experience might be considered at the senior level.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle in an Agile (SCRUM) environment.
- Design, implement, and test software, ensuring user stories are completed.
- Participate actively in the design, code reviews, sprint planning, daily standups.
- Share code and knowledge with development teams at other sites.
- Participate in team-directed planning sessions for development iterations.
- Prepare, utilise, and maintain unit tests to verify developed functionality.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant full stack experience.
- Professional experience using modern programming languages and web-based technologies.
- Excellent analysis, design, and development skills.
- Knowledge of design patterns and object-oriented design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for writing quality software.
- Great accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of software development.
- Knowledge of client-server protocols, architectural performance trade-offs of clusters, and fault tolerant systems.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of using Docker, Kubernetes, OAuth2, HTTP.
- Knowledge of micro-services, containers, and cloud deployment.
- Experience with Solr or ElasticSearch, noSQL DBs such as Mongo or CouchDB.
- Knowledge of SCRUM and Agile development practices.
- Experience writing unit tests.