SEN Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant Job Kettering SEN Teaching Assistant
Your new school
This successful SEN school in Kettering are working with Hays to recruit a resilient and determined Teaching Assistant with experience in Special Educational Needs. The school provides an excellent quality of learning to all its pupils, as well as being inclusive and welcoming to all and benefits from an Enhanced Resource Facility which caters for children with Autism. The school benefits from a well-established Head Teacher and leadership team.
Your new role
As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to support children with additional needs on a 1:1 basis or as a group, in order to raise achievement. Pupils may have a range of SEN including Autism, Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) or Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and more complex needs. If successful you will work closely with class teachers, assisting with lessons and activities, mainly supporting the 6 children within the unit. The ideal candidate will need to be a caring, friendly, compassionate and understanding individual, with knowledge and experience of children with SEN and the primary curriculum. Experience working with nonverbal children would be desirable but not essential. Initially this role will be on a temporary basis but for the right candidate a more permanent role may become available.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed, the ideal candidate will need:
- Experience supporting young people with a range of SEN.
- Knowledge across the Primary curriculum.
- A passion for helping children to achieve their full potential.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all members of staff, parents and pupils.
- Awareness of confidentiality and child protection/safeguarding.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Continued professional development and support.
- A welcoming, friendly school where everyone is valued.
- Charismatic and passionate children and staff to work with.
- A dedicated team of professionals on call to aid you in your work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.