A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.The role
We are looking for someone who has administration experience but with an interest in IT.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical support and administrative services for the Support Team.Main responsibilities
- Administer logins for core Shoosmiths systems.
- Administer service requests.
- Setup and deliver laptops in accordance with team practices.
- Maintain accurate records of various hardware as dictated by the Support Manager.
- Maintain the Definitive Software Library.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly scheduled tasks as dictated by the Support Manager.
- Administer personnel changes as notified by HR.
- Produce reports from the ITSM tool as required.
- Produce and manage team documentation.
- Administer Shoosmiths Collaborate Platform.
- Maintain the CloudFax platform.
- Maintain stocks of equipment as needed.
- Liaising with is admin and key suppliers in relation to faulty equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of home user equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the IS department teams & Help Assistants.
- Have a good understanding of the systems available within Shoosmiths.
- Assist other areas of the IS department as and when required.
- Be aware of current Health and Safety requirements and co-operate with Facilities Management.
- To work within the guidelines and procedures provided by the IS Department.
- Assist with IT re-locations and moves.
(90%) To provide assistance to the Support Team as above.
(10%) Other tasks as appropriate.Skills and qualifications
Technical skills and competencies
- Ability to deal with customers at all levels.
- Service driven.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
Role-specific knowledge and expertise
- Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Excellent administration skills
- Working in a service orientated environment.
Experience, qualifications, and other role-specific requirements
- Basic GCSE's.
- Experience of dealing with customers.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good GCSE's and/or NVQ’s.
- Has had exposure to working within a customer focus environment.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to develop and discuss own initiatives.
It is essential that the Support Assistant can work flexible or extended hours to complete some tasks outside of core business hours of 08:00 to 18:00.
Travel to other Shoosmiths offices will be necessary on occasions.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.Equal opportunities
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.