Global Reporting Manager
12-18 months, Maternity Leave Cover - Global Reporting Manager
£75,000 - £80,000 salary equivalent
Your new company
A leading global chemical company who believes in first class safety, continuous improvement, re-investment within the organisation and customer satisfaction.
Your new role
A 12 - 18 months maternity contract reporting into the Global Controller.
- Work with and coordinate global financial teams to collate and coordinate financial input from a number of sites in different regions (Americas, Europe, Asia).
- Work accurately in the preparation of monthly KPI slide package of consolidated financial results to enable the Board of Directors to make informed business decisions.
- Prepare the initial presentations and analysis for submission to Group. Presenting to senior management as and when required.
- Ability to influence work flows within the department without having a direct reporting line relationship.
- Improve, maintain and update the financial reporting model for use in reporting consolidated financial results.
- Analyse financial results, investigate trends/variances and work with site teams to provide reasoning behind these variances. Present findings to the Board and Group.
- Consolidate the global budgets/business plans.
- Issue monthly performance reports in a timely manner.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified ACA with 8+ years' post-qualification, or equivalent Bachelor's degree or designation with practical financial accounts experience.
- Technical accounting knowledge and strong understanding of the integrated nature of financial reporting, with a strong working knowledge of regional GAAP rules, to be capable of understanding local country results and consolidate into global results.
- Extensive knowledge of legislative requirements in the UK and technical accounting standards (especially of IFRS).
- Ability to provide sound financial advice to both Global Controller and CFO for reporting to the Board.
- Strong IT skills are required; excellent technical capability in Excel and experience with SAP and Hyperion.
- An independent and results-orientated individual who encourages a culture of high data quality within the finance function.
- Proactive with strong interpersonal skills to resolve issues and present information effectively and persuasively.
- Flexible and available to provide support outside normal business hours.
- Able to deal with cultural differences in a minimally structured environment.
- Flexible to travel to the Americas, Asia and throughout Europe as required.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work with a professional and dynamic organisation. The ability to utilise your accounting skills and make a difference in the delivery model.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.