EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A TOP EMPLOYER IN THE HARROGATE AREA!
Up to £24K - Permanent - Full Time - Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours.
Excellent benefits including - Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, 22 days holiday, (rising to a maximum of 27 with length of service) plus bank holidays, Retail Discount Card, Product Discounts, Car Salary Exchange, Onsite Parking and more!
Our client is an industry leader in their sector.
A 'Top Employer’ in the Harrogate area, they offer a friendly and supportive working environment, based in modern offices.
Being part of a fast paced buying team, you will be responsible for the accurate placement of procurement activities within the business, enforcing company buying systems and quality processes. This is a great opportunity to develop your buying career.
Key duties include:
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, building collaborative working relationships, negotiating costs and SLA's in line with business requirements, ensuring materials and parts are correctly sourced in line with required technical specifications
- Ensure stock availability whilst maintaining safety stock levels
- Evaluate, benchmark and make appropriate sourcing and commercial recommendations on both existing and prospective suppliers, to ensure that any risk is minimised
- Develop product and supplier strategy - including contingency plans for alternative product/supplier sourcing and strategic weaknesses
- Work closely with aligned Purchasing Assistants to ensure an efficient, seamless and internal customer focused service is delivered to the business
The ideal Buyer MUST have recent experience within a similar role, i.e. purchasing/ procurement, ideally within manufacturing and material planning.
You will be motivated, experienced & commercially aware with effective negotiation skills, with the ability to problem solve and decision make. You will have an understanding of contract terms, tendering and understanding currency and commodities, with the ability to be a team player, proactive, energetic with the ability to deliver 'continuous improvement' in all aspects of the role.
You will be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. A recognised qualification in Purchasing, CIPS and/or experience using SAGE 200 would be an advantage but not essential.
For insurance purposes, you will need to be over the age of 21 and have held a valid full UK driving licence for a minimum of 12 months.
If you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, APPLY NOW!