Accounts Payable Controller
Are you a proven Accounts Payable specialist with strong commercial acumen?
Can you deliver day to day excellence in line with strategic objectives?
Do you want to be central in driving improvement in a fast moving and dynamic business?
If so, we may have the role for you. Hiscox are seeking an Accounts Payable Controller to play an instrumental role within the Accounts Payable (AP) function.
You will be a strong team player, with an eye for detail and a passion for producing quality work within a high volume environment. The successful candidate will continually seek ways to drive process improvement, will enjoy multi-tasking and building relationships across a business.
What you'll be doing
- UK focused role focused on ensuring a proper record of invoices in AP.
- Manage the day-to-day running of AP, ensuring that all supplier invoices have been input correctly into systems.
- Ensuring the complete and accurate processing of employee expenses.
- Delegate and share tasks across the AP team, ensuring delivery as and when expected.
- Ensure that invoices and credit notes are coded accurately and on a timely basis.
- Take ownership of creditors ledger, ensuring all accounts are fully reconciled and chasing suppliers for credit notes as required.
- Oversee the accurate set up and validation of new suppliers.
- Act as a first point of contact for all queries into AP.
- Perform regular supplier statement reconciliations.
- Manage and respond to supplier queries on a daily basis.
- Communicate with key suppliers as and when required to resolve any issues / ensure smooth payment process.
- Support management accounts team with accounts payable queries.
- Overseeing, prepare and produce AP payment runs for all companies in accordance with the business trading terms and ensuring adherence to procedures and payment terms.
- Ensure that all invoices are approved for payment in accordance with authorisation limit
- Ensure that all the reconciliations are done in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the AP team meet the timelines to support month-end close off routines.
Our must haves
- Knowledge of use of SUN GL is essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge understanding of end-to-end AP processes in a complex organisation with a global scope.
- Strong team player, with the ability to build relationships both externally and internally.
- Ability to facilitate day to day operational and strategic objectives.
- Self-starter, highly accurate with an excellent eye for detail.
- Sound judgment and strong business acumen, always looking at the best possible outcome for Hiscox and aligned to the Hiscox goals.
- Collaborative with peers and colleagues to drive involvement and engagement.
- Continually looking for ways to drive process improvement and a natural problem solver.
Our nice to haves
- Degree qualified or equivalent highly desirable.
- Accounting qualification is highly desirable.
- Process improvement experience desirable.
- Insurance industry experience desirable.
- Experience of Oracle highly desirable.
Flexible working at Hiscox Working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role. About Hiscox UK
Hiscox UK is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.