Event Project Manager
The Audiovisual Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA) Needs a Program Manager for Europe.
AVIXA is the trade association of the professional audiovisual industry. We have over 5000 members globally whom we assist with education, certification, market research, and tradeshows to help their businesses be successful. We are looking for a Program Manager that will be responsible for creating and managing a variety of events throughout the year. AVIXA has European offices in Hemel Hempstead , UK and Munich, Germany. This position, although listed for Hemel Hempstead, UK is open to all European cities with additional opportunities for remote work being available.
5 Reasons to apply
1. Small, Flexible and Creative Company - Be an integral part of a small global team. We are not a rigid organization; good ideas can be implemented quickly without layers of hierarchy.
2. International Travel - The majority of your time will be in your home office, but as a great break in routine you may also join colleagues in local offices (Hemel Hempstead, Munich) and may attend select events at hotels and convention centers around the continent that you have helped organize. This position also travels to support our annual tradeshow Integrated Systems Europe (iseurope.org) each February, and occasionally to the USA for tradeshow support or staff meetings.
3. Connections - As a part of our European team, you will communicate daily with our interesting members and customers throughout Europe. English is the primary language, but a second language of either German, Spanish or Italian is preferred. You will use your personal relationship skills to help locate and encourage Subject Matter Experts to share their expertise through our programs.
4. Cutting edge Tech - From rock concert sound to 3D projections of cars in virtual showrooms, to telepresence meetings and the classroom of the future, AV is an exciting business. You don’t have to be a technical expert yourself, but you get to work with our members who create these experiences!
5. Growth - You will gain and share job insights working closely with colleagues completing the same duties from Chile and Singapore. Use your business and organizational training to manage multiple tasks, suggest changes to existing procedures or new business opportunities.
Responsible for the successful planning, development, delivery and post-event reporting of AVIXA related education and membership events within the European region. Content, presenters, venue, food and beverage, and operational aspects are all included in the scope of responsibility. Develop and manage the annual European trade show conference program.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Required: A minimum of 3 years’ experience in conference, meeting or event planning
- Highly organized
- Good communicator - ability to convey detailed information clearly and professionally in English (both written and oral)
- Self-motivated, able to meet goals with minimal supervision
- Good at maintaining relationships, building a network or community
- Must have well developed skills in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer applications as required. Familiarity with Smartsheet or other project management software is a plus.
- A second language of Spanish, German or Italian is preferred
For more information, please visit our global website under The Audiovisual Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA).