Finance Manager EMEA
My Client, a fast paced, industry leading US technology company is looking for a Finance Manager to join their expanding team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant to join a dynamic organisation at a crucial stage in their growth.
What will Your Role Be?
- Principle contact for all GL transactions & reconciliations for UK & South (5 Legal Entities)
- Lead stakeholder working daily with US and global teams to manage all accounting entries (accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, bad debt, lease & revenue accounting etc)
- Produce robust month end close reconciliations - best in class delivery (SOX standard)
- Key partner to the business on building relationships with internal budge holders to book actuals and help explain fluctuations to budget/plan
- Owner of all balance sheet reconciliations, including partnering with treasury on cash
Your Challenges Ahead
- Delivering MEC for UK & S region inside 7 business days, striving to reduce to 5 days
- Help develop and build new controls to manage all month end close activities for all legal entities in UK & S region, including all balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce all journals for month end close, for review by GL Team Leader
- Review all payroll & T&E entries and challenge, scrutinize all cost code queries working with HR or Corporate teams to resolve
- Supporting Treasury & Accounts Payable teams to produce and sign off weekly payment runs for all due/overdue vendor invoices
- Principle contact in EMEA for all statutory filings for UK & S region, working with EMEA Statutory Accountant on building and signing off audit papers
- Close working relationship and open line of communication with EMEA and other International subsidiaries across the globe to ensure clear and clean monthly intercompany reconciliations for UK & S region
- Working cross functionally with other accounting and business colleagues on matters including stock, bad debt, cash collections
- Supporting Month End & Quarter End Flux; Delivering clean and clear P&L & BS with insight to FP&A
- Own MoM & QoQ variances, and deliver to FP&A/business key insight
- Other activities
- Support EMEA Tax Accountant on all tax (indirect & direct) concerning UK & S region
- Support other GL colleagues to cover for holiday & absence
- Continually review and monitor processes for efficiency
- Partner with US Headquarter team on all GL matters for UK & S region
Key skills required:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA
- 3 years PQE experience gained in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and ambitious personality, keen to learn and develop further.
- SAP knowledge