Assistant Store Manager
Molton Brown is Kao's prestige retail omni - channel division that has built up a reputation for being London's bath, body and beauty connoisseurs. Our perfumes, shower gels, body lotions, candles and hand care products blend exotic ingredients with a touch of London eccentricity for bold fragrances and bright colours that stand out on the shelf and each product is still blended in London, our home since 1973.
At Molton Brown, we are as passionate about our customer experience as we are about our fragrances. We have recently invested in a total refurbishment of our Ashford based store and are now looking to invest in the career development of a new Assistant Store Manager. We are seeking a dynamic and passionate individual with excellent customer service skills and a love of beauty. We are open to applications from those with supervisory or senior sales experience in retail who would like to transition in to a growing luxury brand. Far from the traditional 'transactional' world associated with outlet stores, our Ashford store is committed to being one of the largest, most modern and trend setting stores in our nationwide retail operation. In addition to exclusive product lines being available, core products associated with Molton Brown are retailed and customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do (hand and arm massages are a customer favourite!). Our recent in store eventing around floristry and calligraphy is demonstrable of our commitment to amazing value combined with the luxury experience synonymous with our brand.
You will be supporting the Store Manager with the management and motivation of the team, and actively driving and contributing to the sales and profitability of the store whilst also receiving incredible training opportunities and scope for future progress and development. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where every individual is recognised and your personality can truly shine. As a key team member within the Ashford outlet, you will be able to make a true impact on the success of the team and success of trading as well.
Sales and profit
- Assist store manager and team to achieve store sales, KPI's and profit and commercial targets
- Have a good working knowledge of store reports and the retail message board in order to make commercial decisions based on the business requirements
- Encourage and motivate team to achieve sales targets
- Assist store manager in the effective management of payroll
- Have a good working knowledge of all systems and procedures to achieve good stockloss results and consistency in line with the company benchmark
- Assist the store manager with the planning and organising of store stock takes
- Assist store manager to ensure process and systems in store are implemented and regularly reviewed ensuring store ops runs smoothly and issues resolved in a timely manner
Customer service excellence
- Ensure all customers receive a high standard of service
- Lead by example in delivering excellent selling and service skills by consistently following a Blend that Works
- Be a brand ambassador and role model for the team
- Represents the Molton Brown brand through high standards of personal grooming in accordance with the guidelines
- To attend product training and any subsequent refresher training offered
- Demonstrate an in depth and fluent knowledge of the product range in order to advise customers on the best products to suit their needs and on its main features or properties i.e. selling points, users etc.
Leading and developing the team
- Motivate store team through communication and coaching to deliver store KPI's
- Support and deliver in store training to develop the team and meet the needs of the business
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of store team
- Assist store manager with planning and organising of daily activity rota to achieve objective
- Assist in managing the performance on the team
- Ensure consistent delivery of housekeeping and presentation standards throughout the store
- Achieve and maintain excellent retail and VM standards in all areas of the sales floor, stock maintenance and handling and room
- Support store manager with the planning and organising of floor moves and implementation of promotions to maximise commercial opportunities and to company standard
- To be accountable for the adherence and implementation of company policies and procedure
- Contribute to the health and safety of others and yourself by following safe working practises
- To act in a responsible and positive manner at all times, ensuring that Company codes of practice are adhered to
- Existing assistant, concession or senior sales experience essential
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience
- Experience within the beauty environment desirable but mnot essential - passion is everything!
- Flexibility in working arrangements
- Ability to travel within reasonable distance if required