Finance Asst Accounts Payable
Riverside Housing have a new career opportunity for a Accounts Payable Assistant working full-time on a permanent basis at out head office in Speke. We exist to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods and want you to help us tell our story.
Riverside Housing have a new career opportunity for a Accounts Payable Assistant working full-time on a permanent basis in our head office in Speke. We exist to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods and want you to help us tell our story.
What will you do?
As a fundamental part of the Finance team, you will carry out financial and administrative duties to support Customer Services, processing invoices and making payments to contractors and suppliers for goods and services, utilising relevant purchase to pay system and other IT systems.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside's Accounts Payable Assistant will include:
• Carry out the full range of administrative and financial activity required to ensure effective processing of invoices and timely payments to contractors and suppliers. Utilising Kontrolla and One Market place and OPEN processing, resolving issues and queries in line with agreed policies and procedures
• Provide clear, supportive and accurate advice to suppliers and colleagues on Accounts Payable policies and procedures and coaching on IT system navigation, to ensure an understanding of the service and process to follow for prompt payment of invoices
• Maintain and review system records to ensure accurate data is held and purchase order and invoice issues are investigated and resolved in line with agreed procedures and service level agreements,
escalating as appropriate
• Reconcile supplier statements with internal system records, identifying and resolving discrepancies where possible or escalating as appropriate
• Develop effective relationships with internal stakeholders (contract owners / PO administrators / procurement team) to ensure effective processing of invoices and timely payments are progressed,
escalating for line management intervention as required
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You have experience of making customer payments within an busy accounts payable department and are proficient in the use of MS Excel. You are customer focused with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, showing the ability to meet the needs of a varied customer base. Results focused with the ability to take ownership of tasks.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What's in it for you?
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
• Support towards professional study costs
• Access to e-learning
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme (employee rate 1% and employer rate 4%) or our enhanced pension scheme (employee rate 6% and employer rate 9%)
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Eligibility for flexi-time working
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK's leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered by leaders and fairly treated, knowing that your voice is truly heard. Being people-focused, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you're thinking of joining us as a Accounts Payable Assistant, we'd love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.