we are looking for a first jobber or someone who would like a career in Legal, full training given , will be doing admin and secretarial duties
This role will also support the other legal administrators in the team on all administrative matters undertaking a number of key routine, non-routine and project related tasks.Key Responsibilities
1. Billing tasks to include:
- Preparation of bills in accordance with procedures, to include collating disbursement receipts, liaising with accounts and preparing all documentation to be sent to the client in accordance with defined procedures
- Closing of files, filing and general housekeeping of files including checking and writing off balances on files that are ready for closure
- Dealing with telephone queries from clients and accounts in relation to bills
2 Administrative tasks to include:
- Audio and copy typing.
- File opening in accordance with procedures to include data input, completion of internal forms and procedures, preparation of anti-money laundering documentation, setting up the paper file and file labels, preparing the initial letters for fee earner review
- File closing in accordance with procedures to include data input, checking ledger balances, filleting files, returning client documents, completion of internal forms
- Filing time sheets, incoming correspondence, outgoing copies, invoices, reports and paper files in/out of the filing system. Assisting with file checking and organising in preparation for semi-annual quality audits.
- Checking deeds in and out of the deeds storage facility. Collecting deeds from the floor and returning them to storage.
- Printing, scanning, copying documents. Generally liaising with the document management centre on document production/collation tasks.