Dev Ops Infrastructure Engineer
Joining a fast-growing business with a passionate Technology team, you will be the expert in our cloud environment. We need someone with a passion for technology and the drive to be a key part of realising our strategy and IT Vision. This is a transformational role and you will be responsible for the re-architecture of our cloud platform, delivering performance, efficiencies and ensuring the best practice security has been implemented.
You will also get the opportunity to work on traditional infrastructure projects and be part of a team that works on the premise of continuous service improvement.
To redesign, implement and maintain the AWS infrastructure delivering:
- Scalability and efficiency
- Build and deployment stability
- Continuous development and integration
- A tiered development environment
- An Operating Level Agreement for services provided to the Development team
- Improvement of the pipeline - keeping ahead of trends and looking for automation where possible
- Security across the environment to include access management and external threat protection
Who are we looking for?
You will have experience of delivering transformational cloud projects either as an individual or as part of team. You are looking for your next challenge in which you can take responsibility for delivering a high-quality solution.
We don’t need you to be a guru in these technologies, but you need to have strong experience in these areas. We envisage a move to containerisation, so we are looking for someone who has experience with Kubernetes or Docker.
Deployment and CI Tools
- CLOUD66 for deployment
- SEMAPHORE for CI
- EC2 AND Load Balancers to host the apps (no containers for now)
- Route53 for DNS
- SNS/SQS to manage messages like events, commands and others
- S3 to storage documents
- RDS to store mysql databases for microservices and other apps
- Lambda/Api gateway for small experiments for now
- Backend: Ruby
- Front end: Rails/Vue.Js/HTML/CSS
- DB: MySql / SQL SERVER
- Pingdom for website monitoring
- New Relic for performance monitoring
- Raygun for errors
- Papertrail for logging
Looking to join a team with an inspiring mission and purpose - to help save British businesses millions of pounds every year?
Want to be part of a success story that has appeared on the Sunday Times Fast Track - the UK’s top 100 fastest-growing companies - for three years in a row?
Want to work for a company that was named as one of the UK’s most inspirational by the London Stock Exchange?
More importantly, what if you could work in a culture that was voted UK’s top 100 company to work for and the top 25 in London?
If so, then joining Make It Cheaper could be the right move for you!
Still reading? Ok, a bit more:
- Culture perks such as free vending machine days, masseuses at desks, smoothie bikes!
- Free fruit, coffee & tea
- Tonnes of benefits such as season ticket loan, charity and family days off, private healthcare, 5 extra days off for your wedding and tonnes more…
- Ongoing Training and Development (Internal and external)
- Discounts (Hospitality, Retail & other memberships) in the local area
- Security guarded cycle & Motorbike storage and on-site shower facilities
- Breakout area with PS4, pool table, couches, quiet zones and a state-of-the-art kitchen with amazing views of the Shard, Tower of London!
- Ongoing incentive rewards and trips, such as; Ski-ing, City Breaks, Sun&Sand Hols, Michelin Star restaurant and much, much more…