Havering Council are currently working alongside Spencer Clarke Group to recruit an Interim Procurement Project Manager
The Daily rate is £400 (Inside IR35) Negotiable dependent upon experience and we are hoping to get someone started as soon as possible.
The role is Full Time and operates on a 6+Month ongoing contract We are looking to get someone started as soon as possible.
The role will sit within the Transformation programme team but the majority of the time will be spent working with the Procurement function or clients within the organisation.
Specifically it will be required to:
- Either: support the delivery of a number of contract opportunities that will generate savings where we have already identified individuals within the procurement team who can take a lead; or deliver some opportunities directly.
- Lead on the delivery of a number of activities from the service plan. These will include: working with the teams to develop a longer term forward plan; the development of appropriate tools to monitor progress of projects against key measures; and working with the teams to continue to improve data quality to support procurement decision making.
- The contract opportunities will span a broad range of categories and will range from relatively tactical interventions to more complex assessments of value for money. You will therefore have flexibility to work across a broad spectrum of providers and be able to apply thinking learned in one context successfully into another.
- It is crucial the you are able to effectively transfer knowledge and skills to the wider procurement team; the changes that are being introduced need to be successfully embedded within the team.
- Experience of successfully delivering similar initiatives in the past, ideally within local government context.
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more information, please contact Khalsa at Spencer Clarke Group