Sales & Customer Service Assistant
Sales & Customer Service Assistant - International Decorative Surfaces (IDS) - Southampton, Hampshire
IDS are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running (2016-2019)
Looking to join a brand that is passionate about its employees, where virtually no day is the same? Then we have the perfect role for you here at IDS, the UK's largest distributor of surfacing materials, specialising in flooring, worktops, laminates, panel products and solid surfacing.
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly focused Sales & Customer Service Assistant to join our dedicated team at IDS Southampton. The successful candidates will be responsible for developing sales and maximising branch profitability through link selling, both in the showroom and over the phone, providing exceptional customer service.
As a Sales & Customer Service Assistant with IDS, you will:
- Build strong relationships with customers, both face to face and via the telephone, to help achieve sales growth for your branch.
- Achieve showroom targets set by the business and Branch Manager.
- Place direct sales orders, organise delivery times, and notify customers.
- Continuously strive to provide exceptional customer service to all IDS customers, including customer after sales care.
- Demonstrate flexibility and team-working in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the overall business.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you have:
- Excellent customer service skills and experience, as knowing what great service sounds and feels like is really important to us.
- A commercial mindset with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Product knowledge relevant to the industry sector, although full training will be given.
- Computer Systems literacy skills.
- A great attitude, with a positive work ethic and dedication to working as part of an effective team.
...we may just be the right fit for each other! Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee with IDS, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.