What you’ll be doing...
You will be joining the Verizon International Legal and Regulatory team, comprising 75 legal and regulatory professionals located across 17 countries, who are responsible for legal, regulatory and public policy support for all Verizon legal entities outside of the US.
The Commercial Legal Role:
You will be reporting to a director in the Commercial Legal team which negotiates complex sales transactions for Verizon’s businesses across Europe. Your primary responsibility will be the handling of a range of requirements relating to Verizon’s Global Contracting Tool (GCT), working with Verizon Sales teams or, for complex deals, supporting the deal lawyer, including:
* Reviewing orders ("SOFs") submitted in GCT and other contractual documentation.
* Making "light" amendments to contracts in GCT based on pre-approved fall-back clauses or as otherwise instructed by commercial lawyers.
* Primary point of contact for Sales and commercial lawyers for a number of specific GCT related matters (e.g. removing/adding signature blocks on contracts, enabling/removing No-Sign options, etc.).
* Continuously educate (by training or otherwise) and share best practices with Sales and other stakeholders regarding use of GCT and Legal’s role, and contribute to internal newsletters and training sessions etc.
Secondary Responsibilities (dependent on capacity) may include:
* Supporting commercial lawyers by making other amendments to contracts.
* Reviewing bespoke and t template based Statements of Work.
* Reviewing Non-Disclosure Agreements and making amendments.
* First point of contact for Credit & Collections related questions, e.g. regarding customer name changes and assignments/novations.
* Supporting Bid Management and Sales in reviewing less complex RFPs and maintaining boilerplate responses library.
* From time to time act as "assistant-to" commercial lawyers in Europe working on large deals or running with certain projects.
* Supporting contract repository inquiries regarding certain contracts and provisions therein.
* The Corporate Legal Role: You will report to Director - Corporate Legal and part of a team of three solicitors and three corporate paralegals, responsible for corporate legal and company secretarial support for around 100 legal entities worldwide.
* Support multiple day to day corporate housekeeping requirements, including reviewing and arranging signature (and in some cases coordinating notarization and apostille) of basic documents such as resolutions and certificates.
* Handle requests for corporate information and liaise with external counsel to answer basic queries and provide accurate corporate information.
* Update and check internal records to ensure accuracy.
* Support corporate colleagues on a range of corporate transactions including coordinating multi-jurisdictional research on issues that arise (recent examples being PSC regime requirements, or rules concerning corporate information published on websites), preparing summaries and trackers and following up on action items.
* Assist in setting up meetings including coordinating diaries, chasing and circulating paperwork and on occasions, taking minutes.
* The team also supports Compliance teams such as Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Environment, Health and Safety, Ethics Office, Security, Trade Compliance with local legal questions so you may also support compliance related initiatives including collating information and arranging for documents to be signed and submitted.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
* Experience in a legal environment (in private practice or in house, commercial or company secretarial).
* A basic grounding in legal concepts (for example, contract law and key corporate concepts such as board directors/shareholders/ resolutions) through a law degree, practical experience or other qualification
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Ability to be highly organized, thrive in a dynamic environment understand the importance of deadlines.
* Solid calendaring, organizational and multi-tasking skills. This is particularly important as this is a split role.
* Strong IT skills and a propensity to learn and support others with new technologies and software.
* Excellent writing and proofreading skills as the nature of both roles requires accuracy.
* Capability to be service minded and a clear communicator with a can-do attitude, ability to work independently.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.