COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTANT - COMPETITIVE SALARY + BONUS + EXCELLENT BENEFITS.
The Commercial Accountant position is a cross-functional, future-oriented business role, supporting commercial decision making by performing financial analysis and providing analysis, recommendations and support to Senior Management and representatives of other departments.
Working for an award winning, dynamic and exciting business. The Finance Business partner will work closely with the business, customers and suppliers to provide research, negotiation and analysis duties aligning finance and commercial projects to achieve optimum margin and perpetual contract analysis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and energetic specialist team to develop a framework providing continuous profit monitoring, improvement initiatives and reporting systems across all internal and 3rd party supplier services.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop the Commercial Finance function for the UK business.
- The Commercial Accountant will carry out financial analysis of project parameters at the planning stage to support commercial decisions and determination of pricing derived from costing analysis.
- Support during contract negotiations, ensure input cost risk & terms are sufficiently mitigated in customer’s contract terms & conditions.
- Provide reports & analysis to Sales with financial profitability insight on existing contracts as well as forward project on upcoming projects
- Assist improving cash flow by resolving AR questions of customers and support on the immediate review of flagged invoices
- Capex Projects
- Help manage, evaluate, prioritize and develop a pipeline of tendering opportunities.
- Assist in developing a budget, 5-year planning and setting goals.
- Develop a Case Study on business improvement initiatives in order to identify suitable prioritization.
- Ability to extract and analyse complex data, pull out key insights and then translate these into commercial recommendations.
- Quantification & recording of Profit Improvement Projects
- Support management of subcontractor relationships
- Help the Operations team’s expense control goals by providing financial analysis and insight
- Champion process and workflow improvement initiatives
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will be a CIMA / ACCA Qualified
Advanced Excel skills
Strong commercial skill set
2 years’ experience in a similar commercial business partnering role.
Must be able to manage varying workloads and tasks effectively
Positive attitude, team-oriented, self-starter who can work alone and in a collaborative manner to achieve team goals.
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Computer based skills (inc. Microsoft Office, CRM and Business Intelligence Tools)
KEY WORDS: - CIMA, ACCA, Financial Analyst, Commercial Analyst, Commercial Accountant. Accountancy roles in Leicestershire. Accountancy roles in Nottingham, Accountancy roles in Derbyshire. Finance Business Partner, Commercial Accounting