MIG & TIG Welders Required
- Effectively report any HSE or productivity issues through the correct channels
- Work to achieve high quality in the assembly and welding of component parts
- Perform arc and oxy-acetylene welding, cutting and brazing on various ferrous and nonferrous metals, in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Be proficient in the use of all welding equipment, machinery and tooling used in the Fabrication Shop.
- Work to weekly production schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent achieving daily targets
- Interpret weld procedures, engineering drawings from sketches, materials and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective solution without compromising quality or safety
- Maintain welder traceableility (when applicable)
- Follow recognised procedures for issuing and returning of welding consumables from stores (rods, wire, flux)
- Notify the Supervisor of any mistakes, omissions or alterations necessary to drawings or bills of material
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Accurately complete details on time sheets/Kronos electronic timekeeping - return them to the Supervisor daily and on completion of a specific jobs
- Participate in resolving assembly and production issues
- Complete regular preventive maintenance
- Report malfunctions to Maintenance as needed
- Maintain production area housekeeping
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.