Financial and Management Accountant
My client is a leading manufacturing and warehousing business, a market leader within their niche area of operations.
Due to the growth of the business and the team they currently seek a part-qualified accountant to cover areas of both financial and management accounting. The role reports to the Financial Controller and provides support across a number of areas to the finance team and senior management team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts - P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, with comparatives, budgets variance analysis and commentaries
- Responsible for Treasury duties (e.g. payments, month end reconciliations and processes)
- Responsible for VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales List and ONS duties
- Assistance with statutory audits, liaising with external auditors, preparing annual corporation tax packs and supporting schedules
- Maintaining Fixed Assets Register and associated fixed asset module in the SAGE ERP
- Monthly preparation of Stock and Sales reports
- Accounting for all stock movements and preparing monthly stock valuations
- Participating in intercompany reconciliations and recharges and agreeing with colleagues in other group companies
- Reconciling Balance Sheet accounts
- Assistance with preparing annual financial statements and relevant audit schedules
- Preparing ad-hoc and monthly information and reporting as required
Successful candidates will ideally be studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA / CIMA) it is essential to have advanced Excel skills and ideally Microsoft Query (SQL). Working knowledge of VAT, Treasury and cash controls would be advantageous as well as experience of working within a multi-currency accounting environment and the ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way.