SEN Autism Teaching Assistant - Salford
SEN (Autism) Teaching Assistant - Salford
Your new School
You will be working as a Teaching Assistant in a 1 form entry Primary School in the heart of Salford. One key aspect of attention within this school is their focus on diversity and inclusion for all staff and children. Due to this ethos, the school has strong views on special educational needs and providing the best education for all students including those with complex needs. All of the staff at the school are friendly and welcoming. The school provides on site parking and has excellent facilities.
Your new role
Your new role will be to work with both a young Autistic child on a 1-1 basis and occasionally small groups of SEN children. The majority part of your Teaching Assistant work within school is to work with a young Autistic child in KS1, who often needs 1-1 support out of class as well as when integrated in the class. You will be responsible for supporting this child with their academics as well as social life within school, understanding the child's unique complex needs and then tailoring your approach to them. Your role will be of a caring and sensitive nature, helping the child interact within the class as much as possible.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed you will:
- Have experience within teaching assistant work in a classroom
- Have good knowledge of special educational needs
- Be patient when working with children
- Be able to tailor your approach to the child to achieve best results
- Work with due care and attention
What you'll get in return
- A specialist, expert consultant who will liaise with you on all aspects of the job
- Support and expert guidance
- Future career opportunities
- Competitive pay rates
- Holiday Pay
- Enrolled on to the Hays pension scheme
- Free safeguarding training
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.