Electronics Design Engineer Product Development
Electronics Design Engineer (Product Development)
Unipart Rail is part of the Unipart Group, one of Europe's leading independent logistics’ companies that employs more than 8,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £800 million.
We have a long heritage in the rail industry based on decades of experience, but have continued to embrace innovation in both products and business techniques to ensure that we remain the first and best choice for our customers.
Position: Electronics Design & Development Engineer
Location: Crewe, Cheshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 per annum
Benefits: Competitive salary; Pension; 25 Days Hols (plus Bank Holidays).
About the role:
The Electronics Design & Development Engineer will design and develop new and innovative products for the rail industry and other industries deemed as appropriate by Unipart Rail. To enhance and extend the product life of existing designs and to support business growth
- Design of electronic and electrical circuits and systems
- Develop models or conceptual designs for new products.
- Work with manufacturing to increase your knowledge of Design for Manufacture and Design for Test
- Printed Circuit Board Layout using EasyPC for the circuits you have designed.
- Implementation of Electronic / Electrical and / or Mechanical design concepts from conceptual design to full customer approval
- Prototype build, assembly and fault find down to component level
- Produce clear unambiguous documentation for manufacturing, customers and engineering
- Develop LabVIEW and National Instruments based test equipment for lab and production testing
- Review documentation generated by their peers to confirm to the standards of acceptance and good engineering practice and principles
- To support product and system testing, both at Unipart sites and at customer installations
- Support compliance testing i.e. EMC, Environmental, Low Voltage Directive
- To research alternatives for any obsolescent components in the development of new products as part of a pre-production review
- To work as part of a team of Product Innovation Design Engineers reporting directly to the Product Development Manager and under the guidance of the Project Manager
- To support manufacturing with implementation of concepts through to the manufacturing stage
- Support customer / product investigations and product development
- Achieve target innovation competencies
- LabVIEW / NI knowledge
- C Programming experience
- Electronics / Electrical circuit design experience
- Degree in Electronic or Science based subject
As a valued employee of Unipart Rail, you can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and also world class status in employee engagement.
You may have experience of the following: Electronics Design & Development Engineer, Electronic Design Engineer, Electronic Development Engineer, Electronic Product Design Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Development Engineer, etc.