Field Service Engineer - Electrical
Our client requires and Electrical Field Service Engineer to service clients in the SE area. As the ideal candidate you will have experience in electrical, mechanical and pneumatics and hold an
Electrical City & Guilds 2365 level 2 & 3 or equivalent qualification. You will be able to demonstrate an ability to read and understand engineering drawings along with electrical drawings, to aid in fault
finding and functionality.
Additional skills and experience include:
- PLC & HMI programming essential
- Refrigeration handling (City & Guilds 2019 or CITB J11-14; or an equivalent European
- Pipework brazing experience would be an advantage
- Robotics programming skills would be an advantage
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work alone and as part of a team
About the role:
Reporting to the Field Service Manager, as Field Service Engineer you will commission and undertake
preventative maintenance, service, repair for all types of Company machines covering a very wide
range of applications and will also provide training to customers.
You will be home based to cover South East England, however extensive travel throughout the UK and overseas will be required, thus flexibility in working hours is expected.
You duties will include:
- To carryout commissioning / installation / servicing and repairs to all Company products.
- To train the customers’ production and maintenance teams, both in operation of the
- machines to achieve their particular application, also in planned maintenance and basic
- trouble shooting.
- To provide product improvement and new machine sales opportunity feedback.
- To communicate effectively with your colleagues in field service planning, commercial and
- engineering departments.
- To be able to deal confidently and professionally with customer personnel on site.
- To report accurately and on a timely basis on all service visits, with accountability for van
- stocks of components and spare parts
- To account accurately and on a timely basis for expenses incurred.