Lead Learning Support Assistant - Solihull - April 2019
Lead Learning Support Assistant - Birmingham - April 2019
My client are currently looking for a Lead Learning Support Assistantthat has previously worked with ADHD/Autism to work at a school in Solihull that caters for pupils with ADHD, Autism and Asperger's Syndrome.
The Lead Learning Support Assistant will, under the direction of SENDCO:
- Supporting the use of ICT in learning activities and developing students' competence in its use.
- Collect information for Pupil Profiles, ensuring these are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups
- Attend formal meetings with school stakeholders during contracted hours to discuss pupils' progress with parents and other professionals, contributing towards student reviews.
- Monitor the progress of SEND students
- Advise on strategies and/or resources to support student progress.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of provision mapping.
- Act as coordinator to other Learning Support Assistants and Performance Manage a small group of LSAs.
- Deliver the standard duties of an LSA for an agreed and reasonable period within the school day.
- Arrange and chair some appropriate SEND meetings and administration
- Help with self-evaluation procedures within SEND.
- Arrange work for appropriate withdrawal groups of students.
- In liaison with SENDCO to run intervention programmes for literacy, numeracy and any other identified group or individual learning support needs, with a particular focus on Disadvantaged students.
- Assist in the testing and assessment of individual students.
- Maintain records on student progress and input relevant information into computer records.
- Assist in the target setting process.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Help identify personal training needs required to help implement school priorities and enhance own job description.
- Any other appropriate and reasonable duties that may be required at the request of the Headteacher.
- To follow the school's procedures for health & safety.
- Free CPD including Team Teach
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account on a PAYE basis
- Committed, dedicated and experienced consultants that have your best interests at the heart of everything that they do.
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Please get in touch if this is the role for you by calling Wayne @ Academics ltd on or email