Are you looking for an all-round role within a busy accounts function? If so, Athwal Resourcing is currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant based in Wolverhampton. The role reports directly to the Finance Manager and has been created to provide a range of finance support to assist in covering the functions of sales ledger, purchase ledger, and cash management. The role includes dealing with customers, and suppliers on a daily basis in a busy office environment.
You will have exposure to:
- Sales Order Processing, checking order details with customer records as necessary, resolve any conflicts and managing the sales ledger;
- Chasing outstanding debt and credit control;
- Processing purchase invoices and expenses;
- Ensuring payments to suppliers;
- Processing the petty cash and credit card expenses
- Ensuring receipts and payments are on the ledger and reconciling both accounts receivable and payable ledgers;
- Maintaining cashbooks;
- Supporting the UK finance team for day to day activities and administrative support.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience working in a busy accounts environment including accounts receivable and accounts payable experience;
- Experience of expense processing;
- Maths and English GCSE level C or above or equivalent grade;
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Word;
- Strong IT skills with excel and experience of using ERP systems;
- A self-starter who can manage multiple tasks;
- Self-confident to be able to communicate across all levels of the business and with external parties.