Senior Finance Analyst
My client is looking to recruit a Senior Finance Analyst into their team due to an internal promotion.
You will be working as business partner and financial support for the R&D International regions, supporting the planning, forecasting, and reporting processes and ensuring high quality outputs are created and submitted.
In addition to this, the role will involve supporting teams and R&D Project Management to develop budgets and quarterly forecasts and provide all reporting to manage the R&D projects as required.
Critical to the success of the role will be your ability to build positive working relationships internationally, where they can challenge and contribute as a business partner as well as a Finance practitioner. In addition, you are required to build a close working relationship with the broader International FP&A teams and with Corporate FP&A.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with International R&D functions on developing forecast and budget
- Assist with the consolidation of the International R&D forecast and budget submissions for submission to corporate
- Review with cost centre owners prior to submission to ensure best fit for R&D and Corporate
- Supporting the month and quarter close for International R&D ensuring this meets Corporate expectations
- This will include (but not limited to) journal/accrual preparation and reviewing SAP to ensure accounts are accurate
- Variance analysis and internal reporting sent and reviewed with Senior Management
Supporting the Clinical Development & Study teams
- Actively participates in the data collection, review and consolidation of quarterly financial forecasts to track progress toward R&D operational and financial goals. Using available system technologies (Cleartrial, SAP/BPC), analyses submitted data, isolating variances from Budget, and prepares reporting packages.
- Acts as finance liaison for select teams
Ad-hoc Projects and Analysis
Participate in various upcoming projects.
Education & Experience
- Fully Qualified accountant. ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Ability to build positive working relationships where challenge and contribution is the norm
- Confident communicator - will need to present to senior management
- Responsive and proactive
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Some international and UK travel potentially required
- Strong Excel skills
This is an excellent opportunity for you to work in a global business with a great career path, working in a very exciting and growing department.
You must have business partnering and financial planning experience as well as strong Excel skills to be considered for this role.