Electrical Approvals Engineer
A vacancy, reporting to the Development Manager has arisen in the R&D department for an experienced Electrical Approvals Engineer, with an engineering bias.
This is a great opportunity within clients centre of excellence, which is privately owned, with operations in 20 countries.
They currently have a number of patents and world first and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
Familiarity with either pressure vessels, process pipelines, pumps, valves, heat exchangers would be an advantage.
Alternative industries will be considered.
Preparation of documentation, testing and project management of all electrical approvals with various international agencies including:
- Hazardous area approvals e.g. ATEX, IECEx, cFMus
- Electrical approvals e.g. LVD
Work in cooperation with Electrical Approvals Engineers within the rest of the group as required for joint development projects.
Support a team with the approval process including:
- Safety approved systems (SIL)
Wide ranging support to the R&D department in the research, testing and development of clients products.
- Minimum of a Degree in a relevant engineering subject from an accredited University or substantial experience in lieu
- Experience in the hazardous area approvals process for electrical equipment according to ATEX, FM, CSA, IECEx and NEPSI requirements is desirable - though experience in other areas of electrical standards compliance may be applicable
- Good working knowledge of the relevant standards
- Relevant industry knowledge advantageous
- Knowledge of EMC approvals process would be advantageous
- EU passport and willingness to travel occasionally
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work in a highly organized and logical manner under minimum supervision within a multi-disciplined team
- Strong attention to detail - especially in documentation, standards and testing
- Willingness to take responsibility for approvals and their content
- Ability to multi-task and manage approval projects
Salary / Package:
- Circa £40,000, dependant on experience
- Bonus £5,000 per year
- Free life assurance
- Private medical insurance
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots