Quality Assurance Engineer
Our client empowers organizations to transform their business through the rapid adoption and easy management of digital services. Their adaptable platform has enabled thousands of organizations to modernize their business operations with customizable service management, automation, and reporting across the enterprise. Friction makes work slow and frustrating—our client helps organizations achieve meaningful and measurable digital service transformation, faster
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our client’s team in Scotland. We’re based in Dundee but offer flexible working, so if you don’t live in Dundee we use technology to support remote working.
Who Will Love This Job
• A team player: You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals.
• A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
• A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
• Someone who is process-driven: You follow established processes and also looks for areas where operations could be more efficient or otherwise improved.
• Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
Our client’s Engineering Team is a highly skilled group of full stack software and quality engineers who are passionate about highly performant, optimized and discoverable code. We are looking for a QA Engineer with some automation experience, who wants to work in an Agile environment with a growing team. The ideal candidate will enjoy and embrace change, and desire the challenge of testing complex and highly configurable applications in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills who can contribute in a dynamic team environment. The key responsibilities of this job include:
• Support the manual and automated QA testing activities of our Software.
• Promote QA best practices, and produce consistently high-quality deliverables.
• Review requirements, acceptance criteria, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
• Write and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
• Develop, and execute stable automation scripts that improve test coverage.
• Promptly identify, record, thoroughly document and track bugs.
• Perform thorough smoke, system, integration, automation, compatibility, and regression testing when bugs are resolved, stories are ready for test, and code is feature complete.
• Assist in building and configuring test environments.
• Contribute to the review and maintenance of project documentation.
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
What You Should Have
• Ability to write, and execute automated tests using tools such as Selenium, and Ranorex.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with Windows, .Net, REST API, VMWare, C#, PowerShell.
• Experience with SCCS, preferably Git.
• Experience with SQL/TSQL on Microsoft SQL Server.
Nice to Have
• Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, SAML.
• Knowledge of web service technologies and testing.
• Familiarity with the ITAM/ITSM industry, ITIL V3 foundations and other related standards.
What you enjoy…
• Working with intelligent and driven colleagues
• Working for a fast-growing software company
• Opportunities to grow your career
• Working in a fun, close-knit team
• Working in a fast-paced, exciting work environment
• Genuine work-life balance benefits
• A competitive benefits packages