Assistant Director Visitor & Site Operations
We’re looking for a proven leader to join our team in this newly created role
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of development and delivery of the day-to-day operations across Eureka!, including management of our Site and Facilities, Visitor Services and Food Services teams. They will also lead on the creation and implementation of sustainability plans and future site developments.
This is an exciting time to join the team here at Eureka! as we enjoy a period of significant growth and development.
This newly created role will be pivotal in enabling us to achieve the next stage of development for Eureka!
- Passionate about performance excellence?
- A strategic, creative thinker, with experience of leading at a senior level?
- Able to motivate and inspire colleagues to deliver a great experience?
If you have strong customer service experience, coupled with knowledge of facilities management and sustainability issues, we’d love to hear from you.
The role will deliver the strategic objectives of the organisation through ensuring the quality and consistency of how on-site visitor-facing departments deliver visitor expectations.
Details of special skills/experience/aptitudes needed:
- Experience of successfully delivering the visitor experience in similar environments
- Strong customer focus, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Excellent understanding of facilities management, health and safety and sustainability
- Proven leadership and management capabilities at a senior level
- Strong financial management awareness, commercial acumen and proven track record in successfully managing budgets
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, direct resources effectively and think creatively
- Professional attitude and demeanour and a passion for performance excellence
Details of Education and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) desirable in a relevant area
At Eureka! we work in a vibrant, creative, playful environment based in central Halifax, close to public transport links.
All Eureka! employees receive discounted childcare in Eureka! Nursery and Den, free car parking, discounts in Eureka! Café and Gift Shop, with free entry to Eureka! Museum available for family and friends.
Members of Team Eureka! also get free entry to Yorkshire Attractions member venues (see the Yorkshire Attractions website for a list of members).