Automotive Power Supply Design Engineer
We are seeking an automotive Power Supply Design Engineer to be based near Milton Keynes to design and develop power supply technologies with a focus on quality, cost and delivery.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
To develop and project manage Low voltage, power generation and storage devices for passenger vehicles and Light Commercial Vehicles. Responsibility for the management of development of:-
- 12V battery, Flooded, AGM and Li Ion
- DC-DC convertors
- Large Capacitors
- Electrical load balance development, Benchmark for system performance and cost (e.g. Idling Stop System)
- Manage the component developments within vehicle projects from Cost, Quality and Timing perspective.
- Good communication skills are mandatory to facilitate the smooth working with other organisations within the business sphere.
- Cross functional team leading to improve 12V battery quality between Design and Supplier, Plant, Logistics, Dealers – End to End.
Background and Experience
- Automotive experience is beneficial
- Wiring harness experience will also be considered
- Experience of working to deadlines, interfacing with manufacturing departments and concern analysis is beneficial
- Report creation with some presenting to project teams, plant, suppliers is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM based subject.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a world leading business on a truly ongoing contract, great pay and benefits are on offer along with a forward thinking working environment.
Call or email now to find out more.