Head of Finance
As Head of Finance for this SME business you will work closely with the CEO and the senior management team supporting them with sound financial controls and accurate management information. You will manage the budgets and forecasts and advise on all matters financial.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Production of the annual budgets and to ensure adherence to these thereafter
- Production of monthly management accounts for the executive team
- Monitoring of cash flow and production of rolling forecasts
- Compliance with regulatory requirements including direct and indirect taxes
- Oversee the production of VAT Returns for the Group on a timely basis and keep up to date with current legislation
- Contribution to the strategic planning and development of the company’s business to include financial appraisals for proposed acquisitions / disposals
- Work with the CEO and specialist teams on tenders to ensure best suppliers at most effective cost.
- Maintain and develop a computerised accounting system making recommendations for improvements/upgrades as necessary
- Oversee all day to day financial and accounting activities including purchase, sales and nominal ledgers. Have a good working knowledge of the processes in order to be able to assist at peak times of staff holidays
- Management of finance staff to include performance appraisal, coaching and development, recruitment and selection in accordance with the Manager's Tool Kit and Staff Handbook
- Liaison with external auditors in relation to the, annual audit and completion of the annual statutory accounts
- Management of the monthly payroll together with pension contributions
- Oversee the financial management/reporting of the Spanish subsidiary
- Manage the relationship the designated Health and Safety provider
- To source, maintain and manage adequate insurance cover for all aspects of the company’s operations
- To undertake any such tasks as reasonably requested by the CEO
The successful candidate will be a qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA finance professional with experience of managing a team. You will have strong communication skills and be able to work well with non finance colleagues.