ICT Network Manager
ICT Network Manager GRADE: £26,999 to £29,636 - College in North East Yorkshire
RESPONSIBLE TO: Business Manager
Overall responsibility for the college’s ICT network. Responsible for developing and implementing the college’s ICT strategy and service provision, including managing all aspects of ICT technical support in the college, to ensure the smooth running of the college education environment.
Expected to work on-site across the college to work at a strategic level. Long term planning skills required to forecasting the college’s ICT needs in this fast paced environment.
Enhanced DBS Clearance required
ACCOUNTABILITIES / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contribute to the effective performance and service provision of ICT services within the college to minimise disruption
· Participate in the collection, collation, processing and storage of data and information to comply with college reporting requirements
· To diagnose and resolve complex network, software and hardware faults
· Implement routine manual and computerised systems, practices and procedures to ensure that data and information is current, relevant, effectively and securely collected and that reporting complies with planned outcomes and obligations, reporting any concerns as required
· Maintain the integrity and security of all systems by use of appropriate user protocols and undertake related monitoring and reporting
· Provide user support to identify and respond promptly to system or process issues that arise within an agreed framework of performance criteria
· Implements contingency arrangements to respond to any unforeseen or unplanned circumstances that may arise to maintain the safety and security of data and information, maintain security and minimise disruption
· To lead on projects as required including ICT security and efficient use of resource
· To maintain an up to date knowledge of ICT developments
· Support teaching staff and students in technical aspects of ICT
· Maintain computer files by backing up, archiving and deleting information as appropriate
· Analyse and interpret data e.g. usage trends
· Develops specifications for software and hardware
· Designs and implements changes to the college(s) ICT software and hardware and liaise with consultants on the specifications of new software/hardware as appropriate
· To undertake development work to enhance existing systems or to assist in the preparation of new solutions.
· Communicate effectively with all staff, contractors and students
· Liaise with all areas of the college and outside organisations as appropriate
· Communicates with staff and students as part of ICT technical support to solve complex issues and provide ICT related advice on service provision
· Identify college staff training issues and deliver appropriate ICT training
· Advises teachers and leadership team on software, hardware issues e.g. compatibility
· Responsible for the college ICT budget and forecasting future years projected expenditure
· Responsible for procuring ICT resources and equipment for the college at the best possible price within the limitations of the allocated budget
· Maintain an inventory of software and hardware.
· Develops and implements ICT related policies and strategies for the college
· Responsible for the overall security of the ICT network for the college
· To be committed to safeguarding and promote the welfare of
children, young people and adults, raising concerns as appropriate.
Systems and Information
· Share information appropriately
· Overall responsibility for ensuring maintenance of a comprehensive database of all support requests
· Create and manage all network user accounts, ensuring correct access rights and audit as required
· Ensure data stored on the system is current and that out of date data is archived
· Keep up to date with ICT developments
· To comply with the college’s policies and supporting documentation in relation to Information Governance this includes Data Protection, Information Security and Confidentiality.
Health and Safety
· Be aware of and implement your health and safety responsibilities as an employee and where appropriate any additional specialist or managerial health and safety responsibilities as defined in the Health and Safety policy and procedure.
· To work with colleagues and others to maintain health, safety and welfare within the working environment.
Integritas Education will protect your data and abide by GDPR laws and will never share data without your permission. Due to the large number of CV's we receive we will only contact you if your details match what our client is looking for. Good Luck!