Buyer - Engineering
On behalf of our client, a global business and world leader in their field, TRF Technical arerecruiting for an experienced Buyer, specialising in Machined Parts to join their busy team.
Working in their state of the art production facility in Elland the purpose of the role is to be responsible for timely delivery of all Materials and Services to site in accordance with the constraints & lead-times agreed between the business and the suppliers.
Key responsibilities include;
- Create and implement category sourcing strategies utilising Category Management process
- Manage all commercial aspects of sourcing - spend analysis, tendering etc.
- Source and evaluate new products to promote cost savings and efficiencies
- Negotiate, implement and maintain supplier framework agreements
- Undertake Supplier performance reviews as deemed necessary in order to maintain Supplier performance levels for Quality, Cost, Delivery
- Responsible for driving and implementing Supplier Development programmes for category preferred Suppliers
- Supply Chain lead and support to cross divisional projects and initiatives
- Timely updating of the SAP system, identifying agreed delivery dates from all materials and to take proactive steps to mitigate and recovery any potential impacts to planned production requirements
- Management of any potential delivery shortages so that effective countermeasures can be jointly agreed and implemented in a timely manner
- Proactive approach to visit Suppliers as deemed necessary in order to audit "Supplier Delivery Trackers" against planned production schedules to track Plan Vs Actual
With experience and knowledge of Machining / Machine Parts the successful candidate will have an engineering background along with the following key skills and experience;
Proven experience of category buying within a complex Engineering/Technical manufacturing environment, including Low Cost and Best Cost sourcing.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
Knowledge of Purchasing Workflow/SRM systems a distinct advantage.
Experience working across numerous projects and working closely with an international supply base and multiple cultures.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
PC literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, namely Word and Excel
Hours of work are 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 1.45pm Friday.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits along with an opportunity to continually develop their skills and career.
To apply, in confidence, and for more information and a detailed job description, please send your CV to Chris Chambury at TRF Technical, a specialist division of the Recruitment Fix.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.