Community Fundraiser & Events officer
TVH Marketing Solutions are working with a charitable organisation as they seek to enhance their expanding team with the recruitment of a Community Fundraiser & Events Officer.
The Community Fundraiser & Events Officer will be responsible for building and developing fundraising relationships in the local community, focussing on Berkshire, to raise funds for charitable services.
You will be expected to develop and encourage connections with local businesses, grow grass-roots fundraising with a focus on the local community.
Description of the job activities
1. Develop and deliver community focused fundraising events to increase the charities profile and donations.
2. Research, approach and develop relationships with key Groups in Berkshire from Probus, Rotaries, Golf Clubs, Universities etc and local businesses and private donors;
3. Engage with local media and press to develop PR opportunities on Radio and social media
4. Organise and attend fundraising events/supermarket collections;
5. Create a key database of Groups/Businesses and local Associations for fundraising contacts;
6. Raise the organisations profile in the larger community.
Activities / Tasks
1. Collaborate with others in the organisation to create and deliver an effective range of Fundraising Events held annually;
2. Research and Create an active database of local groups, associations and businesses to engage with and encourage support - whether that’s through fundraising activities, pro-bono work, Gifts in Kind;
3. Develop presentations for talks to local Groups and Businesses;
4. Organise talks and presentations with Groups and Businesses;
5. Develop, maintain and implement activities to increase donations and raise the profile of the charity;
6. Develop the donor journey and create active nurture cycles to increase support;
7. Account handling: ensure private and corporate funders are kept informed of how their donation is spent and given appropriate acknowledgement;
8. Give feedback and recognition to fundraising volunteers;
9. Maintain static and home collection boxes;
10. Ensure that the charity database is maintained as appropriate, with consideration to data protection legislation;
11. Design and produce promotional material;
12. Collect case studies and images for referencing and promotional purposes;
13. Produce management information as required;
14. Maintain and meet all fundraising strategy targets, timelines and income projections;
15. Work with other teams internally on projects and events.
· Be responsible for own continuing professional development, keeping up-to-date with best practice, policies and procedures.
· Promote the implementation of policies, with special focus on equal opportunities, child and adult safeguarding, health and safety and environment.
· Be an effective representative for the charity and act at all times in a professional manner conducive to promoting a positive image of our client.
· Development, review and implementation of event risk assessments.
In return you get to join a very ambitious organisation that is seeking to harness your expertise to dirve the buisness forward, apply today!!!