Substance Misuse Nurse
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Substance Misuse Nurses.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Benefits as a Substance Misuse Nurse:
- £24,523 - £31,108 per annum
- Golden Hello of £1500* (£500 on starting; £1000 after 12 months)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
HMP Durham is a reception prison accommodating remands and men serving short sentences of no more than 56 days. With the high turn over, the healthcare focus is on immediate needs and safety. This may include substance misuse issues, mental health, physical injury and acute illness. As a member of the nursing team, you would be providing reception screening procedures, emergency response, immunisation and screening services, medication administration and medication management procedures.
We welcome full time and part time applications from experienced and newly qualified nurses. Newly qualified nurses will be supported through a Preceptorship Package and further training.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
As a Substance Misuse Nurse, you will promote an agenda of recovery from the dependence of drugs and/or alcohol and which supports the goals of reducing re-offending, increasing re-integration into meaningful and sustained occupation and improving social and family relationships.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a Substance Misuse Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Desirable Skills as a Substance Misuse Nurse:
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- RCGP 1and 2 in substance misuse
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.