Senior Procurement Manager
Job Title - Senior Procurement Manager
Location - The Quadrant, Milton Keynes
Rates - Up to £470.46 per day PAYE - Up to £527.24 per day LTD/Umbrella
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
To provide a comprehensive sourcing service that delivers optimal company-wide commercial arrangements for Facilities Management, Utilities, Supplies and Services.
Approach to be consistent with agreed category strategies through the application of the Network Rail Strategic Sourcing framework and proactively develop relationships at an appropriate level to support the business needs.
What you will do:
- Overall project management of delegated procurement projects across multi stakeholder groups up to the value of approx. £50m.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies for projects and services required by the NR, helping to devise effective commercial/legal contract specifications and to develop a full procurement life-cycle.
- Be proactive in building and developing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in identifying areas where savings can be made, being proactive in providing advice on how cost reductions can be achieved.
- Implement and maintain systems and procedures to support the NR procurement process.
- Liaise and work closely with the wider commercial team, communicating closely with respect to all contract management issues and findings.
Your experience will include:
The successful candidate will need to have proven experience in procurement within OJEU processes. This could include -
- Facilities management
- Retail property
- Office Supplies
- A customer focussed approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, influential, communication and organisational skills.
- Experience in Public Sector procurement.
- Demonstrable track record of practical effectiveness in strategic sourcing and supply chain contexts.
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of benefits delivery through the application of strategic sourcing techniques and use of relevant systems.
- An innovative approach to pricing strategies.
- Deals with people with integrity, providing constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of Bravo.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.