We have opportunities for Engineers to join a highly respected company who operate in the UK Water Sector and are located in the south-west of England.
Our client is currently looking for two Engineers who would like the opportunity to become a Mechanical or Electrical Estimator. You should already have experience in heavy industry, preferably on-site on Water Treatment Works or Wastewater Treatment Works (and is looking to develop their career in this field). Alternatively, if you have worked within Nuclear, Power or Petrochemical, this will also be considered.
The successful candidate will have a number of key roles and responsibilities including:
- Work closely with the client and other project teams and site teams to produce, negotiate and agree challenging detailed design target cost estimates.
- Manage resources to meet the business needs and multiple programme deadlines.
- Responsible for day to day management of producing estimates for each stage of a project.
- Provide cost, design and construction methodology advice to all stakeholders to allow informed project decisions.
- Management and production, negotiation and agreement of target cost estimates for inclusion in contractual documents.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure a high quality and consistent level of pricing.
- Help to generate and maintain key estimating tools to ensure high quality and help meet deadlines and requirements.
- Input into the production of Cost Estimate sheet at regular stages of the project lifecycle to aid capital allowance and depreciation calculations.
. Essential requirements:
- Previous experience on-site in heavy industry (ideally within the Water, Petrochemical, Nuclear or Power Industries).
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background with an HNC or HND
- Proven apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical biased field
- Good problem solving and numeracy skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good IT skills
- Need to be self-motivated, flexible and able to influence others.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For more information please call Charlie Knight on and quote 15763, or apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option, and following the instructions.