An exciting opportunity for a Product Development Manager has arisen with one of our key clients, a rapidly growing food business with a strong focus on innovation and new product development.
This role will see the suitable candidate undertake overall responsibility for new product and existing product development within the business particularly focusing on Ambient Foods.
- Research and analyse current market trends and new technologies to create new product concepts that can give the company a unique offering to the market.
- Improve existing products and processes while also suggesting new ones
- Develop products that can be scaled up and repeated with a clear focus on safety and consistency
- Check and approve new product specifications
- Select raw materials and ingredients from suppliers
- Coordinate launches of new products and run new product trials
- Work cross functionally with other areas of the business with a clear focus on efficiencies
- Packaging innovation
- Food safety focus
- Strong experience working within the food industry across NPD particularly Ambient Foods.
- Understanding of alternative food channels also highly beneficial
- A clear recognition of the consumer market.
- High standards of cleanliness and the ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead teams
- Interest in science and how it can be applied to food creation
- Organised and able to manage own workload and timescales
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to solve problems with a keen eye for detail
- Good numerical skills
Unfortunately due to the anticipated high numbers of applications we will not be able to respond to every applicant. If you have not received feedback within 14 days, your application may have been unsuccessful.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details