Assistant Legal Cashier
Assistant Legal Cashier
£17,000 - £22,000 (Negotiable depending on experience)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced finance / accounting professional to join this highly successful Bedfordshire law firm.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the successful candidate will work alongside the Chief Cashier to the practice by providing competent and efficient assistance in Cashier / Book - Keeping duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Daily banking functions including bank reconciliations.
- Paying in and preparation of cheques on a daily basis.
- Administration and reconciliation of petty cash and nominal accounts.
- Processing of client and office accounting transactions onto the accounts system.
- Preparation and distribution of Month end reports.
- Processing of bank telegraphic transfers (TT’s).
- Full Management of the firm’s Payroll system and returns to HMRC.
- Financial management reporting as required.
- The preparatory work for the annual accounts.
- Ordering and managing stationery for the office
- VAT administration and returns.
- Administration of the office insurance, practising certificates, professional indemnity insurance, and file reviews etc.
- Provide cover for the reception team if requested to do so by the practice manager and partners.
To be considered, candidates will ideally have:
- An accountancy qualification and / or relevant knowledge and experience.
- Law Firm accounts experience.
- Ability to adhere to and manage deadlines.
- Knowledge of financial guidelines with regards to Solicitors Accounts Rules and cash flow control.
- Strong IT skills to include understanding of Microsoft packages and Legal Electronic Case Management Systems.
- Ability to and knowledge of how to handle sensitive and confidential information in a legal environment.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work as part of a team.
The position involves assisting the Practice Manager in a wide range of work and there is plenty of scope for personal development. The successful applicant will have an outstanding opportunity to develop the profile of the Department and to progress further at the firm.
Working hours are 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
There is on street parking approximately 5 minutes’ walk from the office.
This role is available immediately for the right person.