Marketing & Communications Manager
My client is looking for a Marketing & Communications Manager on a 1 year fixed term contract to will lead the marketing team in its work promoting their services, marketing fund raising initiatives and raising its overall profile in the public domain. Their primary focus will be on improving the digital marketing and social media strategy, supporting a review of the charity’s website and optimizing the proactive media strategy.
- provide regular reports of campaign progress and wider team outputs to the Chief Exec and Trustees. Optimising marketing channels and user journeys
- Manage the content on their website. Work with a contractor to complete a review of the UX of the website. Work with the Digital Marketing and Innovation Engagement Lead to drive an increase in traffic to the website via organic searches, social media and paid channels to improve lead generation.
- Work with the PR manager to optimize the production of a steady stream of pro-active media stories related to the main campaign and to other issues related to their work. Oversee a review of the social media strategy with the PR manager and media officer, to improve the charity’s profile and reach with all its audiences.
- Managing the production of supporter email newsletters according to our Newsletter Strategy. Working with the Digital Marketing and Innovation Lead to optimize email strategy across the organization.
- Help manage the Communication Calendar to ensure consistency of messages across all channels, content and campaigns, while linking them to their Organizational Narrative.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of being a line manager.
- Previous experience of working on integrated public campaigns.
- High level of initiative, motivation and problem-solving skills.
- Organisational skills with the ability to manage a high volume of quality work and prioritise accordingly.
- Creative skills to contribute new and innovative ideas
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders, who may have differing demands.