Senior Commercial Manager
Job Title - Senior Commercial Manager
Location - London Waterloo (Southwark)
Rates - £407.73 per day PAYE - £456.94 per day LTD/Umbrella
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
The successful candidate will be managing a team of 6 commercial managers, so it needs to be someone who is in a managerial role with a proven track record in leadership.
Key accountabilities will include reviewing accruals and so needs to be able to support where appropriate.
It will be a new project, so they can make it their own from start up and see it through to action.
What you will do:
- Act as the key commercial interface with programme / Route providing appropriate professional support, guidance and leadership.
- Assess commercial risk and implement suitable control measures where required.
- Manage the efficient and effective implementation of category strategies at programme / Route level.
- Take a leading role and advise on the management and resolution of variations, commercial disputes and claims arising from the programme / Route.
- Implement appropriate controls to monitor compliance with company commercial policies and procedures.
- Review supplier performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators and take appropriate corrective action where required.
- Manage the compliant and efficient provision of procurement services to programme / Route.
- Commercially manage relationships with contractors and suppliers to maximise benefit for Network Rail.
- Lead the commercial administration for any third party contractual arrangements that are undertaken by the programme / Route.
- Act as the primary interface with programme / Route business users to communicate the benefits of new contracts and suppliers.
- Work with relevant teams to provide commercial input into the business planning and maintainer renewals processes.
Your experience will include:
Experience within a commercial management role.
Proven management experience.
Ability to project or put together action plan for efficient delivery.
Contract management background.
Confident to challenge contractors.
Experience in construction, rail or road.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.