Accountancy Business Change Manager
Action First are recruiting a Accountancy Business Change Manager to work within a South London Borough.
You will need the relevant management experience identified in Management Standards Level 2
You will be Reporting to the Head of Accounting and Business Change, the role is one of 13 that manage the Accountancy Business Partnership Services at an operational level and support the Heads of Accounting and Business Change in the Strategic delivery of the Accountancy Business Partnership Service functions and will be responsible for a defined area within one of the following:
- Children’s and Adult Services Finance
- Finances relating to the Corporate, Regulatory and Housing Services within the Council
- Finance related to the investment and partnering service of the Council
- Stewardship functions within Finance
The role provides expertise and management support to colleagues within the services and across the Council, ensuring that the Statutory Section 151 responsibility is met. It ensures that a culture of continuing professional development exists within these areas. The post holder will be involved in dealing with the most complex problems and issues and will provide briefing and guidance on these issues to members and Chief Officers.
- Lead the Operational delivery of the finances of the area that they are responsible for, ensuring the development of these services in response to changes in legislation, Council Policy and the medium term financial position of the Council. Ensuring that Financial Procedures and practices are appropriate to the current legislation and Strategic Direction of the Council, and that the Council meets its section 151 responsibilities
- Assist the Head of Accounting and Business Change in covering other areas in the absence of another individual at this level.
- The role is responsible for the ensuring that these services are professionally managed, and deliver at the operational level. This includes the operational responsibility in respect of the staffing allocation within their area.
- To be a key part of the services management team (and where relevant, departmental service management teams) that develop a culture of high professional standards and achievement within their area that enables the delivery of a highly motivated team capable of delivering of the Services objectives through continuous improvement using innovation and creativity.