Are you the Personal Care Assistant I am looking for?
I am looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is also confident, motivated and empathetic in order to help me live the life of my choosing.
I have Autosomal Dominant Myofibrillar Myopathy, which is a form of Muscular dystrophy.
I am a wheelchair user but due to experiencing periods of high anxiety I choose to spend most of my time in my bed. I have very limited movement and due to having a tracheostomy in situ I have limited verbal communication. My preferred method of communication is by eye movement and lip reading.
I love watching sports and comedy on the TV. I also enjoy computer gaming, animals and people with a good sense of humour.
You would be required to maintain my personal care needs and nutritional needs via a PEG (full training will be provided). Due to the complexity of my needs, I have 2 PA’s with me at all times to ensure that my care needs are being met.
If you are interested in becoming part of a flexible and truly caring team within my home, broadening your medical and healthcare knowledge and helping me live my life to the full, then we are here for you too.
- Pay from: £9.00 per hour day rate, £10.00 per hour night rate
- Location: Newbold Verdon, Leicestershire
- Shifts: 07.00-21.00 and 21.00-07.00 - Applicants must be flexible to work both shifts on a rota basis.
- Hours: Full or Part time hours available. Applicants will be employed directly by ICCM, hours are contracted following a successful probation period
- Free DBS**
- Paid Training
- The chance to increase your career opportunities with a fully-funded diploma QCF in social care Level 2 and 3**
- Exclusive employee staff discounts on high street retailers**
- Employee referral bonus scheme**
For further information, please call or call the direct Recruitment line on .
ICCM is a national specialist provider of complex care for adults and children with profound disabilities who choose to live in their own homes. Our approach is simple, we work in partnership with clients and commissioning services to provide bespoke packages of care.
**Terms and conditions apply
This post is subject to a satisfactory Full Enhanced Disclosure
ICCM is an equal opportunities employer