Application Support Specialist
Application Support Specialist
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
From Finance and IT, to Marketing and People (HR) our support functions are the backbone of our UK operations. We may not deal directly with our customers, but we play an absolutely vital role in making sure that our customer-facing teams get all the support they need to deliver the very best service.
What you'll be doing
In this role you will cover a wide range of technical accountabilities and activities, depending on the specific discipline e.g. Development, Support and environment Configuration. You will act as a technical mentor to level 1 software engineers and impact assess and validate technical solutions, designs and proof of concept to ensure end to end solutions are fit for purpose.
What’s a typical day?
You will work within the application delivery standards, development methodologies and strategic architecture frameworks. You will contribute towards strategic decisions relating to software architecture. Additionally, you will provide input to Infrastructure Design teams with regard to overall solution design. You will need to take ownership for resolving all IT related problems within your domain, which directly or indirectly impact on the operational services or development.
Who we’re looking for?
- Strong experience in .Net, C#
- Experience of Oracle SQL/PL-SQL
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 a plus
- Experience of Microsoft BizTalk 2013 a plus but not essential
- Experience with Azure Logic Apps a plus but not essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience working in support environment preferable but not essential
- Experience with ITSM toolsets (ServiceNow)
- ITIL Version 3 - Foundation is desirable
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
- Knowledge and experience of a broad range of technologies or expert in a single technology. Minimum level of technical experience required would be determined by specific discipline and technology mix for the role
- Strong communication skills, good team player
- Experience of working in a matrix managed environment, with mixed teams including contractors and outsourced vendors
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for operational and training purposes.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to 'love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.