Accounts Manager - Large Accountancy Practice
Taylor Hawkes are working with a leading Top 100 firm based in Essex and London who are now looking for Accounts Manager to join the Chelmsford team. The role is ideal for an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant who will manage the affairs of a portfolio of the firm's clients.
The firm is a successful practice primarily dealing with owner-managed business, multinationals and high net worth individuals, they promote a forward-thinking working environment, and this is a great opportunity to become part of a team of likeminded individuals.
- Review/prepare Financial Statements, Corporation Tax Returns, Accounts for Partner review
- Review/prepare VAT returns
- Manage the book-keeping and VAT affairs of a portfolio of clients
- Ensure all client's deadlines are known and are met
- Liaise with clients on their deadlines and other requirements
- Assist Partners with all other deadlines as required
- Assist clients on the setting up and development of internal systems and controls, including implementing suitable accounting software
- Assist clients with ad hoc question in relation to taxation and financial matters including the interpretation of results
- Being first point of contact for client's Accounts/Tax/VAT/Book-keeping/Payroll and Company Secretarial affairs
- Able to hold client meetings with or without a Partner and speak to clients on their affairs
- Professional qualifications (ACA / ACCA or equivalent) is essential
- Solid public practice experience
- Good understanding of accountancy/tax/practice software packages, in particular Xero, CCH, Sage 50
- Competent using MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Have a good working knowledge of the main taxes affecting clients
For more information please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes.