Data Control Manager
Data Control Manager, East Croydon. A well know brand who have strong growth in profits over recent years, are looking to attract an experienced Data Control Manager.
This role is responsible for managing the Data Control team (7 FTEs), providing back office finance support to around 1,150 stores, as well as providing project management support for Master Data and Finance Operations initiatives where appropriate.
This role is responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of product and supplier data across the business, to champion the accuracy and integrity of that database and the adherence to strong data-management processes. In addition, ensuring that the property details are updated in the required systems for all stores in a timely and correct manner.
Benefits include: - Salary £50,000 plus Pension, company bonus, life assurance, 25 days holiday and staff discount
Main duties of the Data Control Manager will include:
- Hierarchy changes
- Product classification/groupings
- Retek user defined attributes and play an active role in mapping new ones
- Creation of new lines (SKUs) upon request from buying teams.
- Maintenance of system cost price data based and retail prices.
- Maintain accurate system product hierarchies and product groups
- Set up and maintain merchandise supplier information for trade, expenses and property.
- All promotion, new stores and ranging activities for the company
- Ensure best practice for data management and integrity through the company
- Active involvement in the creation and adherence to standard product naming conventions across the company
- Administrative and system function for the Property process to a number of business units.
- Create new payee and non-payee suppliers in Horizon and Oracle.
- Verification of landlord and managing agent changes.
- Set up new payee and non-payee suppliers with various finance departments in line with internal control requirements.
- Raise and circulate Horizon change notes (Horizon amendments)
- Providing day to day support to the Property team as and when required.
- Assisting with projects across the end to end process.
- Providing the monthly rent reports and investigating queries raised
- Ensure all monthly reporting of performance and metrics is completed and discussed with the Head of Finance Operations
- Facilitate and drive the optimisation process for all Data Control processes through embedding the process improvement framework within the team.
- Developing business cases for projects, improvements and resourcing changes for investment committee approval and ensuring delivery of improved efficiency and cost savings to align performance with peers in the industry.
- Liaise with external and internal audit during their periodic reviews
- Define an agreed service level and work within that SLA with other business functions
Skills and qualifications as Data Control Manager:
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at most levels, demonstrating leadership.
- Knowledge and experience in finance processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses, particularly master data maintenance and controls.
- Experience in successfully managing and developing a small team of part and unqualified finance personnel.
- Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous, particularly Oracle.
- Knowledge and experience with managing projects and process improvement initiatives
- Finance qualification preferred but not essential.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Data Control Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply or for more information please contact Stalla.